Home > Auctions worldwide >Bottom of the Barrel
Author:jc
email:
Wed, Jun 16th, 2010 07:32:21 AM
Topic: Bottom of the Barrel

RK just took a look at the rippon-bozwell may 29 sale catalog.

In our humble opinion, this is the worst sale detlef maltzahn has ever presented.

There are 290 lots and quite frankly not one of them is a champion. Actually we were surprised by the obvious lack of quality this sale exhibits.

Granted, it is very hard to find great pieces these days but why rippon-bozwell has loaded itself down to the gills with such inferior and mediocre merch is questionable.

After all in rippon's dumb view trying to sell almost 300 pieces of mediocrity might make the bottom line fatter but we believe this will backfire and maltzahn will end up having a huge bunch of unsold lots to deal with.

Lots, we believe, will be impossible to sell no matter how large a "discount reduction" off the catalog's suggested prices, maltzahn offers his "clients".

Time will surely tell, but for now anybody want to wager RK's position will prove itself to be right, ie maltzahn will be left in the dust holding a bag full of unsold lots?

Author: jc
email:
Wed, Jun 16th, 2010 07:32:21 AM

Boswell has finally posted the results and they are pretty good considering the lack of really exceptional pieces.

RK might, if we have the time, revisit the sale results.

If not we urge readers to do so for themselves and see rather strong prices for the mostly rather weak offerings.

Author: jc
email:
Thu, Jun 10th, 2010 07:27:22 AM

It is now more than two weeks since the rippon-bozwell sale and still maltzahn, the remaining original owner, has still not posted the results.

This is, quite frankly, not unusual for bozwell, as maltzahn feverishly tries to move unsold lots after the sale to his 'clients'.

Lately, for the past few sales, the number of unsold lots has mounted considerably and the chances for maltzahn to shuffle those pieces, which nobody wanted at the sale or at the prices suggested by the reserves the consignors placed on them, have conversely decreased.

This is no doubt the reason for the tardy posting of the results.

Let RK reiterate some advice for maltzahn: If you had less mediocre and downright boring pseudo-collector quality weavings your sales would be more successful.

Only a fool in tough times like we are experiencing loads up a sale with such a plethora of lesser goods, as you have done recently.

RK knows how difficult it truly is to find excellent early pieces but better to miss a sale, or present only a small tight group of lots, than it is to try a float over rugDUMB in a lead balloon full of airport-art and commercial goods like this sale contains.

We are sure our advice, no matter how pertinent, will not be taken by maltzahn, who is in our opinion a self-possessed believer in his own expertise as a rug expurt.

RK is sorry to inform him that opinion is not only one we do not share but one that has been demonstrated to be nothing but hot-air.

Author: God
email: [email protected]
Sun, Jun 6th, 2010 07:51:38 PM

Do RugKazbah.com readers need more proof this poster, and his posts, are worthless garbage?

PS: next time you have nothing to do how about opening a dictionary, chump?

--------------------------

you are right, but I had nothing else to do, so I thought I should remind you that, ... don't forget your saying not mine, your opinion is like having an ashole. I am not saqying you are an ashole just your opinion is. That's all. I hope you are not mas at me. But I tell you, you are the legend in your own mind. God Loves you.

Author: God
email:
Mon, May 24th, 2010 09:03:52 PM

Well, well another brave warrior hiding behind a skirt of anonymity.

Congrats, wimp.

And if you are not interested in RK's opinions don't visit.

That's a simple equation even a moron like you should be able to fathom, right?

---------------------------

As you have stated in the past opinoins are like asholes, averyone got one. Who gives a shit about your opinion!

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service

© 2002/2019 rugkazbah.com ©